How does Aino.io work?
Analyzing and monitoring transactions between applications
Aino.io works by monitoring transactions between enterprise applications and other pieces of software. This data is aggregated on the platform and continuously analyzed to provide up-to-date information about the monitored information system as a whole.
From raw data to valuable information
Transaction event information can be stored into Aino.io for analysis. The key information in this metadata includes what was transferred, when the transaction happened, what was the status of the transaction, and which applications took part in the transaction.
Additional information, such as searchable identifiers and other metadata, can be stored along with the key information.
This data is processed and analyzed on the Aino.io platform to create statistics, visualizations, searchable transactions, alarms, and so on.
Storing transaction data from anywhere
Our API enables transaction data to be stored from any platform or system that has the capability to make HTTPS requests. See the API documentation for technical details.
Aino.io Agents can be used to communicate with our API, which makes implementing Aino.io monitoring even easier. Check out our current list of Agents for more information.
Concept and terminology
Aino.io works on many levels. The data consumed and processed by Aino.io is on the most detailed and technical level. We call the atomic piece of data a transaction. From the information aggregated from numerous transactions, we can analyze and form a higher level picture of applications that constitute the information system of an organization or enterprise.
Enterprise Information System
Enterprise Information System is often a complex collection of software, applications and systems that operate together as the digital backbone of an organization.
- The information system may be centralized or decentralized. It may be built around a central system or it may consist of numerous highly specialized pieces of software.
- A common characteristic for an information system of an enterprise is that it has evolved over time and keeps evolving as the business requirements change.
- To find synergies and for running efficient digital processes, integration of the numerous components plays the most important role.
- The more complex an information system gets, the more need there is for a high-level view over the whole system.
Application or Enterprise Application is software that plays a specific role in the information system of an enterprise. All and any piece of software that is connected or integrated with other software can and should be monitored with Aino.io.
- Enterprise applications and systems: ERP, CRM, SCM, etc.
- Enterprise software: e-commerce, automated billing systems, CMS, business intelligence
- Management software: HR, IT Services, Project management, collaboration tools
Transaction is the atomic event between two interconnected or integrated applications. It describes an exchange of data.
- Which applications were involved?
- What kind of data was transferred between the applications?
- Was the transaction successful or not?
- When did the transaction take place?
- What part of a business process or operation did the transaction take part in?